How can I integrate Jira and MS Form?

venkatesh_rajput May 2, 2023

How can I make this thing possible

"the Jira templates would just need their flows substituted with HTTP Request API calls instead of using the Jira connector."

I am new to Jira and not really sure about api calls so I request a detailed answer. Thank you

1 answer

1 vote
Olha Yevdokymova_SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 3, 2023

Hello @venkatesh_rajput

It looks like there are ways to have an MS Forms submission generate an issue in JIRA using Microsoft Power Automate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk693z3kFMg

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/10bb910e91e14104b6d49d3f3e3da0f1/create-an-issue-in-jira-on-microsoft-forms-submission-and-start-an-approval/

In my team, we are using the Smart Jira Forms add-on for this purpose, and I think you can consider using it as well. There are several reasons why we chose this add-on:

• The ability to create a ticket after each form submission, or choose the issue where you want to place the submitted form of each type.
  • The ability to map form fields to Jira issue fields.
  • The ability to upload attachments in forms, so they are available in Jira issues.
  • The possibility to use it on Jira Software, Jira Service Management (JSM), and Jira Work Management (JWM).
  • The ability to submit forms inside Jira issues(very useful for internal usage).
  • No need for external tools, as everything is available within Jira.

This add-on serves all our needs for forms and could be helpful for you as well.

Jody Mayfield March 16, 2024

This process is no longer supported. Is there a way to still accomplish this?

Olha Yevdokymova_SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 18, 2024

Hello @Jody Mayfield 

Did you mean Power automate or Smart Jira Forms integration?

Olha Yevdokymova_SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
March 18, 2024

Hello @Jody Mayfield 

Did you mean Power automate or Smart Jira Forms integration?

Suggest an answer