How can I identify the sprint where a issue was completed in JQL

Deleted user January 10, 2020

Hello Community, 

I need to do a report where I can identify the issues that were completed by sprint. When I did the JQL Query I had a surprise, when I included the field "sprint" in the query, It brought the list of sprints where each issue was during the project and this information is not displayed ordered. For this reason, it is not possible to know in which sprint each issue was completed. 

Can you help me, please? 

@Manuel H 

1 answer

0 votes
Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2020

Hello @[deleted]

this is an interesting case given an issue can belong to multiple sprints and there is no easy way to use JQL to filter based on the last sprint. However, you might be able to generate a sprint report just before you close the ongoing sprint by using the openSprints() JQL option (https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver073/advanced-searching-functions-reference-861257222.html).

You're JQL could include your filter for 'Closed/done' condition AND `sprint in openSprints ()`. You could then extract the report based on that query.

Deleted user January 10, 2020

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for your answer. This option sounds correct just if I have not closed my sprint but the problem is that I need something more automatic in order to generate historical reports, My idea is to have a query created in Jira cloud for sheets and create a dinamic dashboard.  Do You have an idea for solve this?

regards, Geovanny 

Like # people like this
Deleted user January 18, 2020

Hi, I expect you are well. I would like to know if we can find out Iitte bit more about this issue, or if the only solution is to have a copy of the database sprint by sprint in order to continue with this ticket of it is better to close it. 

Thanks for your attention and I will be waitng for your answer.

Best regards. 

Geovanny Ávila

Like Fernando Bordallo likes this
Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2020

Hello again @[deleted]

Indeed I don't think you can obtain the data you are looking for merely with JQL. I wouldn't go as far as copying the database sprint by sprint thought. If I were to build something to query the Jira API to get the data on all issues closed within a sprint I would query for the range of historical data you are interested in (all issues), query for all sprints in that time period and the build a histogram using:

- issue resolution date

- sprint end date

Like Grau Puche likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events