How can I hide / diable Jira (I) icons next to usernames ?

Pete P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2023

We recently upgraded from 8.2.2 to 9.4.3 and are unhappy with the look of the (I) icons next to name.  Looks very sloppy and uneven in our dashboards.  Is there any way to disable or suppress them from displaying?

Alternately, it would look better if the (I) preceded the name then they would line up. 
issue.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christopher Maxwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2023

Hi @Pete P ,

While at this time there is no official method of removing the icon, there is a feature request for giving the option to remove the button. 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-12173

I recommend you vote and watch that particular issue. I also recommend you post a comment with your screenshot to that ticket.

It is possible that adding the following to the announcement banner may remove the icon but I have not tested it:

<style type="text/css"> 2.aui-button .aui-icon { 3display: none; 4}</style>

-- Christopher

Pete P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2023

Thanks @Christopher Maxwell , unfortunately the CSS banner code didn't work.  Seemed like a great idea though

Like Christopher Maxwell likes this
Pete P
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 4, 2023

Ah... This did work however for just dashboards - perfect!

<style type="text/css">
#dashboard-content .aui-button .aui-icon { display: none; }

</style>

Christopher Maxwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2023

That's great! And, thank you! It is always great to get updates and closures here.

Pinchus Gelbman February 15, 2024

The aforementioned answers actually do the job pertaining to the username icon but actually messes up many other components like all those 3-dotted buttons as well as  the Comments formatting toolbar also becomes messed up, so I tried it using one of the other Class Names used for this icon which are more specific and it actually hides this icon virtually everywhere I was able to test yet I didn't find any breakage of styles elsewhere.

This is the code that I ended up using inside the Announcement Banner:

<style type="text/css">.aui-button .user-hover-trigger-icon{display: none;}</style>
Christopher Maxwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 15, 2024

Thank you @Pinchus Gelbman for sharing!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events