How can I have stories & their sub-tasks on my kanban board?

Gerry Bolger January 9, 2021

Hi all

I read somewhere in the forum, one of the blockers for a kanban board showing story subtasks is the RANK ASC, I've done that and no luck.

project = "Jersey EPR" AND "Epic Link" = JE-17 ORDER BY Rank ASC

Would welcome any advice to resolve

Many thanks

Gerry

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2021

Hi @Gerry Bolger ,

Can you try this? : project = "Jersey EPR" AND ("Epic Link" = JE-17 OR parentEpic in (JE-17) )ORDER BY Rank ASC

Thanks

Gerry Bolger January 11, 2021

@Carlos Garcia NavarroThank you, that worked perfectly, it's the parentEpic link that I missed, I'm slowly getting to grips with this software. Much appreciated.

In fact that has resolved both the EPICs and the Storie's swimlanes, so brilliant resolution :-)

Like Carlos Garcia Navarro likes this
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2021

You're welcome! Thanks! :-)

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 9, 2021

Not sure what you're reading about the ordering, as that is not the problem in the slightest.

The problem is that sub-tasks do not have an Epic Link (much as I'm an Atlassian fan, this is absolutley one that they've got totally wrong).  The Epic a sub-task belongs to is that of its parent issue (it has to be, a sub-task is but a part of the parent issue).

But Atlassian don't expose that in the search, and it's very annoying because it breaks perfectly valid searches like yours.

I don't think there's a way to fix this on Cloud, unless you set up a script or automation that copies the Epic link into another field that you can put on issues at every level.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events