How can I group similar tasks?

Leandro Santos May 15, 2023

I'm a Agile Coach into a company, and now I'm brighing Jira Software to another area. 
This area need to group similar tasks (this tasks are created automatically by email).
There is some automation that I can use to make this happing?

1 answer

1 vote
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2023

Hi @Leandro Santos welcome to the Atlassian community.

The answer to your query depends on many factors and inputs. I would request you to explore this Jira automation link to start testing and implementation.

@G subramanyam thank for your time!

I'll bring more details about this issue.

I made a configuration into Jira, where all emails received into a mailbox, automatically become a task on my board. And many times users send the same email two, three, four times, polluting my board with unnecessary tasks.

Therefore, I thought to create a automation that would compare subject, reporter and task description and group all the same tasks into the first one.

I google it, seached on community, and didnt find nothing like that.

And sorry for my poor english.

Like G subramanyam likes this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2023

Thank you for sharing details surrounding the query. Kindly tweak the below automation per your project, deployed plugins and board links which should help you:

Trigger:
- When: Issue created
- Issue matches: Project = Your Project

Conditions:
- Compare: Reporter and Summary with JQL
- JQL: "project = Your Project AND reporter = '{{issue.reporter}}' AND summary ~ '{{issue.summary}}'"

Actions:
- Group issues
- Group by: Key
- Compare: Summary and Description
- Fields to update: Leave this blank or specify any fields you want to update on the grouped task

Anytime a new issue is created in your project, this rule checks for an existing tasks with the same reporter and similar summary. If matches are found, it will group the new issue with the existing tasks, based on the specified comparison fields.

Many thanks @G subramanyam !
I think that we're almost there!
But I need that Jira trigger search the current reporter (the same reporter from the newly opened tasks) on the automation. The JQL that you described, I need to inform the reporter, right? 

Like G subramanyam likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events