How can I get the Previous Key in search result for all the issue of a Specific Board?

Arnab_Das May 22, 2023

I am making report of all the issues from few Kanban/project boards. I am getting the the recent key. But not getting the Previous key number, which was assigned at the beginning before the ticket move to new board. I need to capture that old key number against each individual issue against a field.

Please let me know hoe to do that.

I can see the old key in history but not against any particular field

1 answer

0 votes
Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 22, 2023

Hi @Arnab_Das 

If I understood your request correctly, you want to create a custom report tracking all changes for the issue key field. And in this case, you can try to create the report you need with Issue History for Jira app. My team developed it to record all changes in a flexible format. The best thing is that you can include any standard or custom field in the grid and get all updates made.

For your case, you can also add the project to the columns. It will show you all changes made to issue keys for the required project, sprint, assignee, etc. (filter as you need)

issue key changes in jira.png

If you are unsure if it will work for you, there is a 30-day trial of Issue History for Jira. 

Arnab_Das May 22, 2023

Thanks Yuliia for your response.

Is this a Jira plug in? Also our Jira is Jira Cloud. Is this applicable there?

Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 23, 2023

@Arnab_Das 

Yes, it's a plugin for Jira Cloud. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events