How can I get sum of Story Points in a Sprint by Assignee

Deepika Narang April 26, 2024

How can I get sum of Story Points in a Sprint by Assignee

6 answers

2 votes
Valeriia_Havrylenko_SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 29, 2024

Hi @Deepika Narang  👋

You can do it with 
Time in Status pivot feature. 

Знімок екрана 2024-04-29 о 19.32.45.png

For Tim and Robert summary is not open, so you can see sum of SP, for Mykola you can see SP for his each task. 

But primer propose of Time in Status is showing how long an issue has been in each status, assignee or group.

With our add-on, you have the power to tailor your team's work schedule, ensuring that the calculation is based solely on productive working hours.

Frame 1021.png

Dashboards gadgets feature will keep your finger on the pulse and track team productivity in real-time.

Frame 1028.png

Add-on have 30-day free trial, free up to the 10 users and developed by my team. 

I hope you find this helpful 🚀 

2 votes
YY哥
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2024

Hi @Deepika Narang 

Welcome to our Community.

I think you could get it from Scrum Board Backlog Sprint directly. There’s this kind of statistics at the top left for each sprint.

Hope it helps and thanks

YY哥

1 vote
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 30, 2024

Hi @Deepika Narang

if you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, you may want to have a look at the app that my team and I are working on, JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields, much like you’d do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. It also comes with a number of advanced features, including support for (configurable) issue hierarchies, issue grouping by any issue field(s), sum-ups, or conditional formatting. With these, you can build a view like e.g. this in just a couple of clicks:

storypoints-per-assignee-and-sprint.gif

This is really just one of a virtually endless number of possible views and reports - you can also view, group by, and sum up any other field(s), configure different sum-up styles (like min, max, or average), etc. etc.

Any questions just let me know,

Best,

Hannes

1 vote
Amay Purohit_RVS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2024

Hi @Deepika Narang 

For advanced sprint status, if you would be interested in a mktplace app, pls do take a look at 
Sprint Velocity & Status Gadgets 

The app comes with couple of gadgets to track sprint status with multiple parameters and also to track team member's velocity based on story points in a sprint .

Disclaimer : I am part of the team which developed this app

Resource Velocity Chart SP.PNG

0 votes
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
April 28, 2024

Hi @Deepika Narang

You can try Reports - Charts and Graphs for Jira Dashboard app developed by our team to create various reports, charts and graphs for your Jira projects.

• You can create custom, flexible and colorful bar charts and table views for any data you want/need. As data source, you can choose Projects or Saved Filters or Advanced (JQL).
  • You can set X axis to be any parameter like Created(month), Assignee, Sprint, Fix Versions etc.
  • You can set Y axis to be any parameter like number of issues, sum of remaining estimates, average of story points etc.
  • You can group your data on any field(Sprint, Status, Assignee, Component, Project etc.) you want.
  • You can choose various date ranges like All Time, Last Year, Last 3 Months, Last 6 Months etc.
  • You can modify existing Segments or add new segments.
  • You can order the results by drag and drop.

Here is our live demo dashboard where you can see and modify sample reports and play with them. For your case, you can have a look at the Sum of Story Points by Assignee and Sprint Report below.

Sum of Story Points by Assignee and Sprint.png

For more detail, you can have a look at Reports - Charts and Graphs for Jira How to Videos and How to Create Custom and Flexible Reports, Charts and Graphs in Jira article.

If you are looking for a completely free solution, you can try the limited version Reports - Charts and Graphs for Jira Dashboard Free.

If you have any questions, feel free to schedule a demo with us.

Hope it helps.

0 votes
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2024

Hi @Deepika Narang,

I'm afraid that it is not possible with the Jira's default reports or gadgets.

But you can easily do this by using the Pivot Table & Pivot Chart gadget offered by our Great Gadgets app. With this gadget you can create multi-dimensional tables, heatmaps and charts of various types with drag & drop. 

Here is an example for what you need.

Table

image.png

Pie Chart

image.png

The gadget allows you to display advanced data, like sum of story points in all past sprints

image.png

Hope this helps. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at support@stonikbyte.com.

Danut

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events