How can I get a project updated status in audit log?

testadmin1 forticasb February 1, 2021

Hi,

I am now trying to use rest api /rest/api/3/auditing/record to get the project status, according the docs you provided , there should be a record generated in the audit log if I update the project, like creating an issue in it or something, but I didn't see it anywhere. While it is fine for project creation and deletion.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2021

That's not what the audit log is for.  The audit log is to record administrative actions, not day-to-day issue tracking. 

The "audit log" for issue create and update is on the issue, as that's the main reason Jira exists. 

Then how can I get a project update status in the audit log? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2021

Issue updates are not project updates.  You already have all the project updates in the log.

Yea, I think I get it. What I was trying to say was how can I trigger the project update audit log? Does it suppose have a specific record with key word like "project updated" or something?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 1, 2021

It is triggered when you change the project.  That's what the log is for, it catches project updates.

I think we might be talking at different levels here.  Instead of go around in circles, could you tell us what you trying to achieve here?  What are your users going to get out of whatever you're trying to code for?

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events