How can I get a horizontal scroll bar for the Kanban board in Jira Core Cloud?

Meredith Hogarth October 18, 2018

Hello, 

We are using the Kanban board for Jira Core and we have 10-15 status columns on our board.  The board is rendered unreadable because the columns are all squished to fit on one screen. How do we add a horizontal scroll bar to the Kanban board and also specify a width for the columns?  TIA. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Syauqi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 18, 2018

Hi Meredith,

I've tested this out and i can understand the frustration of viewing the compacted board view. 

We've been tracking a similar request but haven't decided on a course of action just yet. This is usually because we want to hear feedback from other customers to investigate further.

We'll make sure our product managers get your feedback and take it into account. If you like, you can also leave the feedback yourself here: Kanban Horizontal Scrolling.

If you have any other questions, please let us know and we'll be happy to help. Thanks again for your feedback!

Cheers, Syauqi

Meredith Hogarth October 19, 2018

Thank you for the quick response. Is this issue the same between Jira Core and Jira Software?  Or if I switch to Jira Software will I be able to customize a horizontal scroll bar?  

Syauqi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 21, 2018

You are correct Meredith, the two board is differently built and the Kanban Board on JIRA Software and it does have the same compacted content problem.

Having said that, I've made a new suggestion and linked them together for the dev to consider: Jira Core Board Horizontal Scrolling. Please do watch on this to be kept updated of any news or changes.

Cheers, Syauqi

1 vote
Jemari Thurston July 16, 2019

We are considering a "board left" with the first QA column showing, and "board right" with one dev column showing. With CI/CD, automated and manual testing, and deploys to multiple environments, it is really easy to get into double digit column counts.

You can't wait on Atlassian for a solution if you are impacted.

Richard Mann October 26, 2021

This seems like such a minor issue. For software that claims to be intended for THIS for project management, being told I am not allowed to fully map our workflow seems bonkers.

Suggest an answer