Recognition

• Give kudos
  • My kudos

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I filter defects using wildcards/LIKE? Edited

We have defects reported against each revision of our software. 6.0.0, 6.1.0, 6.1.1, 6.1.2, ,,,7.3.0.1, 7.3.0.2, 7.3.0.4 etc

I want to create a defect filter that only shows defects from the current major build 7.3. So I want to show defects with affectedVersion in (7.3.0.1, 7.3.0.2, 7.3.0.4...) without having to list every minor build.

Is there a wildcard or LIKE statement that I can use in the defect filter?

P.S. When I use 

affectedVersion ~ "7.3*"

Jira responds with "The operator '~' is not supported by the 'affectedVersion' field."

1 answer

0 votes

Hello Michael,

Thank you for reaching out.

Unfortunately the wildcards functionality was not implemented for JIRA Cloud yet, however, we understand that this is a useful feature and create the following feature request:

JQL - Add wildcard functionality to versions 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

That being said, I'm sorry to give you the bad news that our development team is not engaged to implement this feature, however, there are some workarounds you can use.

You can:

1 - Create e a text custom field and add it to your issues, using the Copy value from other field post function to add the version value to the field.

2 - You can use a plugin that provides you with the JQL query you need. See the feature request comments to know more about it.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

How to create Jira issus from Excel file?

When to use CSV importer When managing your processes in Jira, there are many occasions where you need to create a lot of tasks. Creating them one by one will cost you a lot of time and effort and i...

4,642 views 22 33
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you