How can I exclude "adding of a subtask" from sprint scope change in Greenhopper?

Nimitt Desai August 21, 2013

After Greenhopper sprint is formed and is underway, developers realize some subtasks that were not added. Adding of those sub tasks is now considered scope change by Greenhopper. Is it possibel to exclude this from "scope change" definition?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nimitt Desai August 27, 2013

As of now it looks like this can't be done.

0 votes
Hemen Oza August 22, 2013

I agree with Nimitt. At the least there should be a choice of whether or not to create a subtask as added scope.

Sometimes we want to add subtasks to breakdown the problem better, and it doesn't necessarily mean we added more work.

0 votes
YC Lian August 21, 2013

We have the problem, but not a big issue because:

1. You can never be 100% clear/ready. You learn and improve the Spring backlog as you go. (Which I guess you know well about)
  2. The work will be reestimated and a Story could be changed as we learn more, and this contributes to the burndown, to create room for the team to address/suggest possible impediments or process improvements.

Without it, we will have a problem on #2.

Nimitt Desai August 21, 2013

I guess the answer is No. But the problem is more practical.

Thing is not always the new subtasks indicate a scope change. But because they are marked as scope change, there are just too many subtasks marked as scope change and we miss the real message.

Suggest an answer