How can I enable one of the statuses in the workflow based on check box value?

Amruta Pelapkar February 2, 2021

Hello, 

I would like to know can I show one of the statuses of workflow based on check box is checked or not?

For ex: if check box is not checked, transition would be: In Progress --> Code review else transition would be In Progress--> Design review --> Code Review

To do this do I need to add one custom field or I can do it in workflow transition using "Validator" or "Condition"?

Ho to check the checkbox value and how to add the condition?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thorsten Letschert _Decadis AG_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 2, 2021

Hi @Amruta Pelapkar ,

while you can not enable or disable a status in a workflow (add or remove steps), you can do so with the transitions between those statuses (control the way an issue is able to take).

That said, you might need to add conditions to your transitions as shown here:

community_conditions.png

The default  Value Field conditions should be sufficient here.

Cheers
Thorsten

Amruta Pelapkar February 4, 2021

Thanks @Thorsten Letschert _Decadis AG_ for the help ! I understand I can add "Value Field" condition to check the checkbox value. I am not clear how can I add that field which developer can check and uncheck the checkbox? Should I I this checkbox field on issue screen as custom filed?

Thanks in advance!

Thorsten Letschert _Decadis AG_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 5, 2021

Hi @Amruta Pelapkar ,

yes. You'll obviously have to add the corresponding field to the edit/view screen.

Like Amruta Pelapkar likes this
Amruta Pelapkar February 5, 2021

Thanks @Thorsten Letschert _Decadis AG_ I have implemented this....now testing with team.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events