How can I display a Jira Advanced Roadmaps TimeLine/Plan view down to a specific level?

Cash Coyne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2024

How can I display a Jira Advanced Roadmaps TimeLine/Plan view down to a specific level?

I can click on the Issue dropdown and Expand All or Collapse all, but I can't expand or collapse to a specific level.

I have 4 levels (5 if you count sub-tasks, but we don't display those) and I'd like to be able to quickly display down to the 3rd level (Epics) without also displaying the stories for the epics.

I know I can do this by changing the Hierarchy displayed, but I was looking for a quicker way to jump around and not have to worry about accidentally changing my default hierarchy settings.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Himanshi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 15, 2024

Hello @Cash Coyne , 

Welcome to the community!

I suppose either you can use hierarchy or issue type. Sharing the snippet for reference:

Screenshot 2024-01-16 at 1.21.17 AM.png

I suppose you are already aware of these options. Other than these I don't think there is any alternative available with the Jira native feature.

Cash Coyne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2024

This is cumbersome, but gets the job done.  I wish the dropdown let you choose a level 1-5 like you can do with the Structure plugin.

Suggest an answer