How can I disable and track Anonymous User?

Leo March 26, 2020

Hi we have a problem where we found that an anonymous user has modified the status of a ticket, and since we cannot track it we don't know who has done that and it can be considered a security risk. 
So I was looking for the option to disable Anonymous User in our entire space. I couldn't find any option for this in here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/confeval/jira-software-evaluator-resources/jira-software-anonymous-access

Screenshot 2020-03-26 at 13.26.53.png

I hope guys you can help us sorting this out.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2020

Hi Leo,

it should be easy to deactivate anonymous user access by following the steps outlines in knowledge base.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/allowing-anonymous-access-to-your-project-779172888.html

Can you confirm you followed these steps and it did not work out?

Cheers,
Daniel

Leo March 30, 2020

Hi @Daniel Ebers 
Thank you for your reply, I couldn't find anything that says or shows Anonymous access as explained in the link you shared.

permissions project.jpg

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2020

Is is still happening? From your settings it looks good - maybe this was just a temporary setting that a user made by mistake which allowed anonymous users for a while to transition issues?

Cheers,
Daniel

Leo March 31, 2020

Yes, maybe it has a temporary bug that we got, hopefully it won't happen again, thank you @Daniel Ebers 

Have a great day/evening

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events