How can I delete an issue in Jira Cloud(I am the project lead)

Carol Rodriguez April 29, 2021

Hi all,

Does somebody could tell me how can I eliminate a task created in jira cloud?

I am the owner of the project but I can not find the option to delete the task. I share a screenshot so that you can help where should I click on.

Thanks in advance! 

52F2E4C5-E4C0-4DD5-A60D-E46C12C0CF7B.jpeg

3 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2021

Hi, @Carol Rodriguez !

First of all you should check your project permission on "Delete issue" permission. 

Documentation - Manage project permissions .

Then you can delete an issue like @Tibor Tasi _Everit_ told.

Hello Alexander thank you very much! 

Like Alexander Bondarev likes this
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2021

Did you manage to delete the issue?

2 votes
Answer accepted
Tibor Tasi _Everit_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 29, 2021

At the top right corner there is a ... menu where you can find the delete button:

delete.png

Hello Tibor thank you very much! 

Like Tibor Tasi _Everit_ likes this
1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

Hi Carol,

First, it's rarely a good idea to delete issues in Jira. It is better to move them to another status such as Discarded or Aborted or Abandoned or something like that. Otherwise, something will inevitably get deleted that shouldn't be. 

But if you must, you will need Delete Issue permissions in the Permission Scheme for that project. 

Suggest an answer