How can I create client field to a issue?

Pedro Piovan June 10, 2020

Folks, I have the following issue:

We have 700 clients ta open demands for us. I am expecting that every demand that they request us become a issue, with different issue types that I will create.

But I would like to vinculate a issue with a client - the only option that I saw it was creating a list in a custom field, but I have a limit of 30. 

The effect that I want is: I can see reports of issues raised per clients per week.

Does anyone had the same difficulty and created a solution?

2 answers

0 votes
Valentina Pfeiffer December 2, 2021

Are you using ZenDesk or anything like that? Salesforce? Another CRM integration would help here. Or make a custom field. I am running into the same thing, and want to use components for actual components of the application. 

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 15, 2020

Hello @Pedro Piovan

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I believe the best way to distinguish the issues from different clients would be by using the Component field:

Organize work with Components 

Using components, you will be able to also define a default assignee and lead for each client you have. Additionally, you can use JQL to display the issues raised by a specific client (Component) per week. 

Giving you a practical example, let's suppose you have three clients (Component A, B, and C). To display the issues raised with one of the clients, you can use the query below in the issue navigator, adding their related component:

Component = "Component A" and created >= -7d

Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events