How can I create a new issue type for all my existing/future team-managed projects?

Richard Ing May 6, 2021

We use team-managed projects at our company and we wanted to introduce a new standard issue type to all these projects and future projects.

At the moment the only way is to manually re-create the issue type for each project.

Is there a better way of doing this? 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2021

Company-managed projects. In short, the settings of a team-managed project are limited to a single project and do not impact other projects. There are no shared configurations like with company-managed projects.

Richard Ing May 6, 2021

Thanks Ivan.

Yeah I figured as much. I'm trying to now figure out how to customise a new custom issue with it's own set of fields.

Right now any new custom issue seems to be grouped with other issues and therefore has the same fields.

I want to create a separate set of fields users will need to see and ive started by adding custom fields.

I think I need to next create a custom screen? 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2021

Yes, I think it is probably time for a new custom screen for that issue type. 

Like Richard Ing likes this
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2021

Yes, as John mentioned; in other words, configuring a company-managed project. As you might know by now, there's more involved in this process than setting up screen schemes, issue type screen schemes, field configurations, etc. Most importantly, you're in the right direction. Also, as a quick tip, you can always hit the "Help" button (top right) from wherever you are on your Jira project settings, and you will get immediate access to help articles with related content.

Like Richard Ing likes this
Richard Ing May 9, 2021

Thank you Ivan and John for your responses! Have a great week.

Suggest an answer