Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I create a dashboard with time spent by sprints?

I want a dashboard showing me how much time spent was reported per sprint, but the current chart I am using (workload pie) shows the time spent aggregated regardless to when the time was reports. Any ideas that do not involve 3rd party plugins?

2 answers

Hi Naama,

As already mentioned, you need additional Time tracking app. Jira does not provide report for Timespent during period out of the box.

And regarding sprints, it is possible to select issues from active Sprint, with JQL like "sprint in openSprints()" + "or parentSprint in openSprint()" in almost any time tracking app, or there might be even better support in some app.

Please see also https://primetimesheet.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/KB/pages/327700/How+to+sum+hours+for+Epic for more information.

Thank you.

0 votes
Fabian Lim Community Leader Jan 09, 2022

Hi @Naama Arbili

Welcome to the community!

If you are using time tracking, you can update your velocity chart estimation from the built-in reports in your scrum project. Link: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/view-and-understand-the-velocity-chart/

Regards 

Hi @Fabian Lim,

Are you sure Velocity can correctly distribute logged time across multiple sprints though? As far as I know, it works with Original Estimate / Total Spent time, not individual worklogs. So if the issue was worked on in multiple sprints, the data wouldn't be correct since there's no link/correlation between specific sprint and worklogs. 

Moreover, sprints can overlap each other. Therefore, most people are using weekly/bi-weekly time reports instead. 

Fabian Lim Community Leader Jan 10, 2022

@Dmitry Astapkovich _Colined_

You are correct. It all depends on Naama's need.

The restriction was that she didn't want 3rd party plugins, which basically makes it impossible to do. 

Maybe your plugin could help, but you will have to convice her :)

Cheers

I'm not pushing towards our tools here at all since it's the initial requirement =)

But I understand the need. And I know why it's somewhat and somehow possible. But it would be a bit not reliable if you understood how time tracking data and issue data (don't) work together.  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Do you use Jira Cloud with Microsoft Teams?

Hi, Jira users! Do you use Jira alongside Microsoft Teams? We want to hear how you’ve used the power of Jira Cloud and Microsoft Teams (via the Jira Cloud for Microsoft Teams app) to achieve a team...

451 views 2 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you