How can I configure quick filters in Jira, to function based on an OR condition rather than an AND

venkatesh bojja April 18, 2024

How can I configure quick filters in Jira, within a company-managed project, to function based on an OR condition rather than an AND condition?

If i select a single quick filter, it shows the results but if i select multiple check boxes it shows nothing.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michel Neeser
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2024

Hi @venkatesh bojja

Adding to the answer of @Walter Buggenhout: A possible alternative is to create a single quick filter with your OR condition directly in it (albeit this prevents you from easy combining quick filters, of course).

Hope this helps!

venkatesh bojja April 18, 2024

Yeah, i did that.
Thank you

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2024

Hi @venkatesh bojja,

The unfortunate answer is you can't. Separate quick filters are always combined with an and operator if you activate multiple of them on your board.

Hope this clarifies! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events