How can I change who can assign tasks in a Kanban board?

Jose Pena
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 4, 2018

Hello,

I'm the administrator of a kanban board but anybody in my group can create tasks and assign them. How can I control that? I mean, I want them to create tasks but I want to remove their permission to assign the tasks.

is that possible?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2018

Hi @Jose Pena,

You can remove the assigne Issues permissions for this part of the user or user group in the permission scheme.

If you don't want the user to see the assignee field when you create it, you can also choose to hide it in the screen scheme.

assignee.png

1 vote
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2018

Hi @Jose Pena

This permission is not specific to the board but to the project in which the tickets are in..

There is a permission called 'Assign issues'. The JIRA administrator can help you refine who can have that permission.

Refer to the list of permissions in https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/managing-project-permissions-861253293.html but only the jira admin can reconfigure it

0 votes
Jose Pena
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 4, 2018

Hi guys,

My company is using a predeterminate scheme so I'm not sure if I can change just for my project (I think that's not possible).

How can I hide the option of assigning? Anyway, they can assign reviewing the task, cannot they?

Thanks!!

Deleted user September 5, 2018

Hi @Jose Pena,

The recommendation would be to copy the existing permission scheme and make the necessary changes (in this case remove/modify the permissions for "Assign Issues"). Now go to the project  (project settings--> Permissions--> Use a different Scheme)and then associate this new permission scheme. 

Please note the above action can be performed by JIRA Administrators. If you are not a JIRA admin, then you may need contact your administrator.

Thanks,

Swathi

0 votes
Deleted user September 4, 2018

Hi @Jose Pena,

Did you check the project permissions? Whoever has "Assign Issues" permission will be able to assign issues/tasks will be able to assign tasks to other users. To see the permission scheme, select the project settings and choose permissions.

Please note, if, at all you want to modify the project permission scheme, you need administration privileges.

Thanks,

Swathi

Suggest an answer