How can I change the default Assignee FOR A SPECIFIC GROUP OF USERS ONLY?

Andrew Hyde
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 30, 2019

Within our organisation Developers and QA are allowed to assign issues directly to each other and by default, to the project Leader.

However for users within our support team we'd like to assign their issues to a specific user who will act as triage, who will confirm all the details are correct before being moving the JIRA into the normal process, by assigning to the Project Lead.

Is there anyway I can do this, during the initial creation process?

I think there are 3 ways to approach this, but I can't see how to implement it;

1. Set the Project lead to be "different" for users who are in support

2. Display a different new issue screen for Support only which locks the Assignee to a specific user.

3. Add a trigger/condition when the JIRA is created which resets the assignee to a specific user if the reporter is a member of Support.

Thanks in Advance,

Andrew

1 answer

1 vote
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2019

Hello,

If you want to do it out of the box, then you can use components. Each component can have a default assignee. A user must choose the correct component during issue creation so that the issue would be assigned to the correct assignee.

Or you could use a plugin to write a post function, which would implement your logic.

For example, you could use the Power Scripts add-on:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/43318/power-scripts-jira-script-automation?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Your post function would look like this:

if (isUserInRole(assignee, project, "Support")) {

assignee = "assignee";

}

Suggest an answer