How can I change the STATUS in Jira Cloud from the ticket list without going into it?

Retail Italia Amministratore March 26, 2021

How can I change the STATUS in Jira Cloud from the ticket list without going into it?
Thanks

4 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2021

Assuming the requirement covers something that needs to be done in an automated fashion it might be worth the time to develop an external tool/script accessing REST API:

There is a endpoint available transitioning issues:
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-workflow-transition-properties/

An example is to be found in Community (older but still valid).

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2021

If the issue is displayed on an agile board, you can change its status by dragging it to a different column.

From the Search Results list I cannot think of a way to change the status of just one issue without opening that issue.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2021

You can also use automation for Dara to change the value depending on what you were looking to do. Can you share more information as to exactly the scenario?

0 votes
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 26, 2021

Hi @Retail Italia Amministratore , 

there is a feature called "Bulk change" that you can use to do exactly this : from the list of tickets, select all the tickets and apply a change (like a status change).

You can have a look at the documentation here : https://support.atlassian.com/jira-core-cloud/docs/edit-multiple-issues-at-the-same-time/

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events