How can I associate more issue operations in Screen Scheme Configuration

Utkarsh Singh January 19, 2022

I want a new Screen to be opened whenever a particular field is changed for a issue type. I have created a Screen for that but I am not able to find  any other issue operations in Screen Scheme Configuration apart from create, edit or resolve.

I cannot use edit as it will hamper the other edit operations.

Any suggestion on how to implement this ?

1 answer

1 vote
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2022

Hi @Utkarsh Singh 

As you said, there are only the 3 issue operations within a screen scheme - create, edit and view - and there are no more which can be added.

The only way I can think you can implement something like this is to add your screen to a transition so that it pops up when accessing the transition. You could use conditions on this transition so that the user only is able to access it if the custom field has a particular value. You could then have a secondary transition if you wanted without the screen on, with the opposite condition so that it wouldn't appear if the field didn't have a particular value.

Hope this helps!

Utkarsh Singh January 20, 2022

Hi @Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_ Thanks for replying.

Got the idea but it won't be feasible as the fields can be updated anytime during the life cycle of ticket. And the field can be filled by any person other than the person who is transitioning the ticket. It will make things more complicated.

BTW, I have two fields Customer Commit Date and Customer. I want Customer to be filled in as mandatory when Customer Commit Date is filled. Do you have any simpler solution or an existing thing you know of which can work like this ?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events