How can I assign a ticket to someone

Nea October 30, 2019

Other then my coworker I am unable to assign tickets to someone. I have an administrator role but that doesnt help.

jira.PNG

4 answers

4 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2019

if you can't assign to anyone, i.e. you cannot change the Assignee field then as others have said check the Assign Issues permission. If you can't assign to a certain person then make sure that person has access to the project.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2019

Nadine,

If you are only able to assign an issue to your co-worker and no one else you should check and make sure the other individuals that you would like to assign issues to have the proper permissions on  the project.  In the project administration you should see who is in the users and roles section.  Then ensure that they role they are in has assign issue capabilities.

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 30, 2019

Hi Nadine - Well come to the Atlassian Community!

Check the Permission Scheme to see who has the Assignable user permission under the Issues section. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 30, 2019

Hi Nadine,

just check the permission scheme of your project - who has the permission: Assign Issues

(Project settings -> Permissions).

Probably your role doesn't have this permission.

Nea October 31, 2019

Thanks. That was helpful!

Suggest an answer