How can I archive issues (task issue type) which are already DONE and I do not want to see them?

Berzicai Lívia May 5, 2023

If I change the issues (task) status to DONE in my kanban board these will still appear in may board but I do not want to see them anymore but I do not want to delet them either.

How can I archive them, to still make them visible for example int the issue navigator, but not to see them in my kanban board?

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2023

Hello @Berzicai Lívia 

Welcome to the Atlassian community!

Are you working with a Kanban board for a Company Managed project or a Team Managed project? That information will display at the bottom of the navigation panel on the left.

In addition to the options mentioned by @Kris Dewachter , the following are available.

For a Team Managed project:

1. You can change the board filter as Kris mentioned in suggestion #2.

2. You could create a Custom Filter to hide the Done issues. You would have to manually activate the filter.

3. You could use the Clear Done option that is available in the Done column.

Screen Shot 2023-05-05 at 8.30.45 AM.png

4. Issues in the Done column will be hidden automatically when they have been in that column for 2 weeks or longer.

For a Company Managed project:

1. If you implement Kris's suggestion #2 to change the base filter of the board to exclude the Done issues, then the issues will also be excluded from the built-in reports for that board. Instead I would recommend that you change the Subfilter for the board so that the issues would be hidden from the board but included in reports.

Screen Shot 2023-05-05 at 8.23.35 AM.png

2. Also for this type of board you can configure the "Hide completed issues older than" option shown in the above image. The shortest time period available is 1 week. This will automatically hide the issues from view when they have been done the specified period of time or longer.

Screen Shot 2023-05-05 at 8.25.18 AM.png

3. You could make a Quick Filter for the board to hide the Done issues. You would have to manually activate the filter when viewing the board.

4. You can use the Release A Version functionality to assign the issues in the Done column to a Version that you set to Released. This combines with the Subfilter shown in my point #1 to hide the issues from the board.

Berzicai Lívia May 11, 2023

Thank you that helped a lot! :)

Like Trudy Claspill likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Kris Dewachter
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2023

Hi @Berzicai Lívia ,

If you just want to hide the issues in status DONE in your board, there are 2 possible solutions. 

1. In your board, navigate to the "board settings", the select "columns" setting.

Here, you can remove the DONE status from the specific column (probably the last column). Check out this page on configuring board columns https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/configure-columns/

The downside of this solution is that you can no longer move an issue to the DONE status by dragging it to the DONE column.

2. Another solution could be to filter out issues in status DONE in your board filter. In your board settings, navigate to the general settings and edit the saved filter of the board so it doesn;t include issues in status DONE.

Best regards,

Kris

Berzicai Lívia May 11, 2023

Thank you! :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS