Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I add different type of flags to an issue? Edited

So, my problem is that I need to have more than just the impediment flag. I already added a new option to the field flagged but it's not working.

Whenever I click on Add flag, it automatically adds the impediment type. I tried to set the flagged default value to my new option but it didn't work either.

Is there a way for me to do this?

4 answers

0 votes
John Funk Community Leader Feb 21, 2019

If you use the Add Flag from right clicking on a card on a board, it will put register it as Impediment. But if you go to the details of the card, you can update the Flagged field with one of the new values. 

I tried this but it didn't work.

I'm able to choose the flagged option only when I'm creating an issue and after that I can't update the field anymore. I created an issue with the flagged option I wanted and removed the flag later. When I tried to add the same flag option again, it automatically added the impediment.

John Funk Community Leader Feb 21, 2019

Sounds like there might be a problem with the screen scheme you are using if it will not allow you to update the Flagged field. I can update with no problem. See if your Edit screen includes the Flagged field or not. 

Like Steve_Batz likes this

I added the flagged field to the screen and configured this screen to Edit issue operation but it's still no working.

When I access Project settings -> Issue layout, the flagged field doesn't appear. I guess that's the problem and has something to do with the field configuration but I don't know how to fix it.

@Laryssa_Carvalho , @John Funk - how did you guys manage to add additional options/value to the field 'flagged' to begin with?

For me, as an admin on JIRA Cloud, its 'LOCKED' inside Settings > Issues > Custom Fields.  Thanks!

Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 9.55.42 AM.png

John Funk Community Leader Sep 16, 2019

Hi @Anuj B - it was not locked beforehand when I was able to add them.  :-(

Not sure if there was an update on the question from @Anuj B but it seems for cloud users the Flagged feature is locked. Which is fine if other values were baked in.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

How to create Jira issus from Excel file?

When to use CSV importer When managing your processes in Jira, there are many occasions where you need to create a lot of tasks. Creating them one by one will cost you a lot of time and effort and i...

4,376 views 22 32
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you