How can I add a custom button on the Jira Ticket screen?

Koji Yokohama December 12, 2022

Hi People,

Is it possible to create or add custom button on the Jira Ticket screen for the following scenario:

We have field called "Variant" which is Multiple Select drop down. The variant should be selected from a list include all the variants our system supported. 

Now we wanted to have one button "Yokoten" on the Jira ticket screen - This button should be always shown to the users on the screen regardless the status of workflow. When yokoten button is clicked the following changes should happen.

• Scenario 1: if variant is empty,  nothing will happen. Basically varaint should not be empty, at least as a ticket creation the original variant should be input
  • Scenario 2: if variant is added,  search all the linked tickets with the same title and type, create the new ticket in related project with the same title and add the related link to the original ticket, 
  • Scenario 3: if variant is deleted, search all the linked tickets with the same title and type, the related ticket will be set to reject and notify to all the watcher 
  • Scenario 4: if variant is added, if the ticket status is rejected, then create a new ticket.

Is it possible to include these 4 scenarios? If yes how can we proceed.

mine.PNG

Thanks in advance,

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Vedant Kulkarni
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2022

@Koji Yokohama if you are using a Jira server/data center, then this can be doable with workflow transition and Scriptrunner post-function.

I hope this can help, please try.

Koji Yokohama December 19, 2022

Thank You @Vedant Kulkarni 

Remaining scenarios, will check with scripting.

Suggest an answer