How can I add a custom button on the Comments at input box bottom?

yongjian zhang March 30, 2023

Hi people:

Is it possible to create or add custom button on on the Comments at input box bottom

we want to add new status after user creat new comments,so need a new button 

When button is clicked The ticket will change status to 'Pending' status

such as 

image.png

2 answers

1 vote
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2023

Hi @yongjian zhang I don't understand why you would want this. If you have a transition from the current status to the 'Pending' status, just add a transition/workflow screen to it and you'll be able to change the status to 'Pending' and add a comment at the same time.

Apart from that, I think in Server/Data Center it should be possible with scripting, but I wouldn't know how.

yongjian zhang March 31, 2023

Hi @Dave Mathijs  ,the button for user change status immediately,without having to slide to the top of the page.

about script devlop,can you show me more info.

0 votes
Anna Hryhoruk _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2023

Hello @yongjian zhang ,
That`s an interesting use case. Usually, when we are talking about automation that requires custom buttons, we suggest using the Power Action app . But unfortunately, it cannot add a button in that particular location you pointed out.
In theory, if you critically need it, you can use routine lfExecuteJS from Power Suite apps and write the entire Java script code and create it by yourself, but it is a complicated approach that requires javascript knowledge.
Also, as an alternative, you may check Power Action Panels , which can be located in the right column of the Jira issue screen or in the main body of the issue screen. Check more information about it here: Power Actions Panel
But looking into your use case from another view, I may also suggest using another automation type instead of buttons. Using Power Scripts app you can create customized listener that will trigger automated status change when the issue is commented by a particular user or the users that belong to a specific group/role etc. Please let me know if you are interested in that and I can help with some draft of such a script or just create a support ticket here and our team will be glad to help you.
Best regards,
Anna

yongjian zhang March 31, 2023

Hi @Anna Hryhoruk _Appfire_  thks your reply,

Java script code can archive it. can you show me a simple demo js ?

Suggest an answer