• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I add Xray Issue Types to my jira next-gen project?

I created a new project on Jira next-gen and I'm trying to configure the x-ray on the project.

The problem is that is not possible to add the x-ray issues type on the project, so this blocks me to create a test coverage for my tasks.

Is it possible or not yet? If not, there is any plan to make it available on Jira next-gent?

Thanks!

5 answers

Hi Adilson,

Currently, we don't support the new Next-Gen projects. We expect to be able to support these new projects in the future as soon as possible. But, this implementation will require a big and complex change in Xray application and we are still working on that.

Best Regards,

The Xray Team

Is there a timeline on this? We are evaluating Xray and are soon moving to next-gen projects. A fix/update for this is important for my organization & me.

Like # people like this

Still no info on this? We were also evaluating Xray, but since we want to use next-gen projects on JIRA, Xray is sadly not a viable option for us. There is a mention of next-gen projects at the Xray configuration docs (https://confluence.xpand-it.com/display/XRAYCLOUD/Quick+Setup#QuickSetup-Next-GenProjects), but it seems very outdated. Some pictures are even missing from the documentation. With this approach there is no way we're choosing Xray. Test Management for JIRA seems to be a better option for now.

Hi all,

Xray already supports Next Projects since 28th March release :)

https://confluence.xpand-it.com/display/XRAYCLOUD/March+28%2C+2019+-+Minor+Update+-+v1.1.27-1.007.000

Best regards,

João

Like # people like this

Hi @Joao Mendonca I also am looking for Next-gen support, and am also evaluating X-ray. I can create all test entities in a next-gen project but I can't seem to setup requirements and test coverage on my next-gen scrum project. I have existing tests that I have created, and I'd like to link them to a Story for coverage. I have setup stories as a covered entity in the Xray configuration, but I always get the status on my Story as "uncovered"

@Joao Mendonca We use xray, but why does it not add test and the rest of the xray issue types to a next gen project when it is configured?  Why do we have to add issue types by hand?

Like Kellen_Kincaid likes this

Hi 

Could you please confirm if X Ray can be used to support "Test" issue type for next gen projects ? Or If JIRA server supports test issue type for next gen projects ? 

Regards

Soumya Chaturvedi 

Hi @Joao Mendonca

We are trying to change the test execution status in the next-gen jira project using XRAY but while doing so, the test are uncovered. Is there any way to execute test and change its execution status to pass or failed in next-gen project using XRAY JIRA.

Hi team,

I want to add few more option in Test execution apart from Pass,Fail and Todo . Please let me know how i can do it .

Thanks

Ankit Sharma

Dear All,

We are evaluating the X-ray test management for the Next-Gen project in Jira. Can you please suggest to me whether it suite the Next-Gen Projects?

Regards,

Suresh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

How to create Jira issus from Excel file?

When to use CSV importer When managing your processes in Jira, there are many occasions where you need to create a lot of tasks. Creating them one by one will cost you a lot of time and effort and i...

4,664 views 22 33
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you