How can I access when getting "Board Not Found" error?

Jory Howell April 10, 2023

I created a Scrum Board in Jira and we changed the name of the board and the Component linked to the board, but now I can't access the board. My manager, who I handed the board off to after it was created, can still access the board and tried sharing it with me, but when I click on the link I get the Board Not Found error. 

I have tried clearing my cache, accessing from share link, and accessing by searching for board, but I am unable to see or access the board. I am assigned tickets on the board and I can get to the tickets by using an assigned to be filter, but I'd really like to be able to access the board.

Jira Component screenshot.png

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jared Kells April 10, 2023

Confusingly it's the sharing permissions on boards filter that control access to the board.

You mentioned that when handing it over a component had to change. If you mean that the board filter was changed to use a different component it might be that the new filter isn't shared with you.

You could try getting the new owner to go to the Filters -> View All Filters. Find the filter for the board. Click ... and edit. In there check that the filter is correctly shared with you.

Jory Howell April 11, 2023

It was the Filter. I had originally created the filter for the board, but I think my manager had also created a filter while we were building the board and the filter that got applied had only my manager in the permissions. Once he changed the filter permissions to allow all project users I was able to see the board. Thank you so much for the quick response!

Like Jared Kells likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2023

Hi @Jory Howell -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

When you created the board, did you set the location to a project or to your profile?

And when the board was moved/handed off, did you change the location to your manager's profile or somewhere else?

Kind regards,
Bill

Jory Howell April 10, 2023

I created the board to a Project (RELAX in the screenshot). When I handed off, we just changed the admin. 

When it was originally created we were using a different component, I don't have access to create components, so my manager created the new component and switched the component in the board settings. At that point I was still in the Board settings too, but at some point during us making the changes, I stopped being able to see the board. I was still the admin of the board when the issue started. My managed changed himself to be the admin and tried to share the board with me, but I still can't get to it. 

It really feels like the board became corrupted somehow

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2023

Thanks for that information.  A couple of things to check:

• Ask your manager (who can see the board) to examine the filter for the board, and to check the shares/permissions for it.
  • Ask your site admin to "view all boards" and check if the location of the board was changed somehow during the edits.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events