How can I Change the order of the Status X axis ?

swetha irkulla May 6, 2019

I have created on Two dimensional tables, where the X axis is status and Y axis is workstream . When I sort by x axis, it shows as In Progress=> To Do=> In QA.

I want To Do=>In Progress=> In QA. How can I do it?

2 answers

0 votes
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2019

Hi Swetha,

this is easy to solve. Head over to the Statuses section in your administration and bring them in the correct order, so start with the status category first. If you have tons of statuses this can be tedious work - been there, done that. 😁You might want to have a look at this little helper on the marketplace Admin Toolbox for Jira we developed, it enables drag & drop sorting for different system entities. 😁

dragndrop_status.gif

Best, Max

matt lavinia July 9, 2021

This product looks promising - thank you!

Matt

Like Max Foerster - K15t likes this
0 votes
Tyler Brown
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2019

Hey Swetha,

You'll need to change the opsbar-sequence property on your statuses to reorder them.

This guide should be able to help out: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/advanced-workflow-configuration-861253591.html

(opsbar is close to the bottom of the page).

Also if you're not a system admin you may need some help from one to complete this.

Tyler

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2019

Hi Tyler,

opsbar-sequence is a workflow property used on transitions to order the (available) transition buttons when viewing an issue. :) That won't help in this use case. But a very, very useful workflow property nonetheless! Love it, but not easy to maintain.

Suggest an answer