How I complete an issue

Julio Estrada June 14, 2019

I have a board with columns todo, doing and done.

My intuition says that when I move an issue to the column done, this issue is done.

But in an sprint, when I want to complete the sprint, all my issues are in the column done but the sprint completing dialog tells me that I have 0 complete issues and N open usues, where N is a number.

I want to tell Jira that my issues are done and complete. How do I do this.

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2019

Hi @Julio Estrada 

Jira’s concept of done is when the Resolution field has been set.

you can check if this has been set by looking at the values in filter results for board filter.

either add the Resolved issue screen to the step to done or set the resolution in the workflow step post functions.

you could also make setting the resolution a workflow condition for moving to done

see these articles

https://blog.thinktilt.com/closed-vs-resolved-the-final-stop-on-a-jira-workflow

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/working-with-workflows-861253510.html?_ga=2.240629451.917251348.1560579484-415642277.1560373969

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ravi Varma
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2019

Hi @Julio Estrada ,

When the tickets move to done column , make sure that during the underlying transition, the ticket's resolution has been set.

Please accept my answer, if you find this helpful. Let me know if you still have any query.

Regards,

Ravi Varma

Julio Estrada June 15, 2019

Hi, thank you so much.

How can I see the resolution field

Ravi Varma
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2019

You should be setting the resolution in multiple ways:

• You can set the resolution automatically as post function of the desired/underlying transition
  • You can create a new resolution screen (Add Screen from Administration). Add resolution to that screen. Configure that screen as resolution screen for the underlying transition. You can put a validation to ensure that the user provides a non-empty resolution value in the resolution screen while executing the transition.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ravi Varma

Suggest an answer