How Do I bulk assign tickets in JIRA

I have a team member who has switched teams and I would like to bulk reassign all the tickets to another team member. Is there an easy way to do this in JIRA?

1 answer

1 accepted

9 votes
Accepted answer

1. Conduct a custom JQL to bring up the user's tickets. (e.g. status = Open AND assignee = <member> AND project = "<My Team>")

2. Under Tools Bulk Change there is an option listing the number of tickets returned by the query.

3. Choose all issues by clicking the bulk checkbox in the first row, first column.

4. Click Next.

5. Click Edit.

6. Click Next.

7. Click Change Assignee

8. Click Next.

Profit.

Not sure why you asked!

Yeah, the search in Answers is monumentally awful to be honest. Unfortunately, posting more questions in an attempt to provide better answers isn't going to help an already broken search.

The first hit on Google is almost the same question you asked though, and the second and third hits find the documentation on Atlassian's "how you use jira" docs. And searching their confluence gets "bulk edit" on the first hit as well.

I searched in help, I didn't find it. I tried in the non-advanced JIRA Interface I couldn't find it. I checked the Answers, and couldn't find the question - so I thought I'd ask, and if someone was able to answer me before I figured it out, then I would benefit. If I figured it out beforehand, then I would post my findings so someone else could benefit. Besides, maybe my flow is the long way 'round.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Mar 05, 2018 in Jira Software

Jack Graves: Real Ale enthusiast with a knack for Jira Software implementation

@Jack Graves [AC] first caught our eye with his incredible breakdown of what, in his opinion, can make or break a Jira software implementation. (Read his thoughts on this thread)! In this follow...

96,837 views 4 14
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you