Hiw can I change the text box length on a screen in the new JIRA?

f_pocetti April 3, 2020

I've set up new custom field on a screen (free text) but I need to change the size of the box. 

I tried following this advice https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-change-text-box-length-on-a-screen-ui-in-jira-732399321.html but you need to go to "Announcement Banner" which is not shown anymore in JIRA. 

Is there another way to solve this?

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2020

Hi @f_pocetti  - Those instructions are for Jira Server. I don't believe that functionality is available for Cloud. 

f_pocetti April 7, 2020

Thanks John, I'm quite new at Jira. Do you know if it is possible to change the default size of Multiple lines Field on Jira Cloud?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2020

No, there is no way to resize any of the fields in Jira Cloud. You can't even control where on the form they show up. 

Like f_pocetti likes this
jcasarrubias August 10, 2021

Hello @John Funk 

Why it is not possible? Is it because announcement banner is no longer available in Jira Cloud?

Can you please let us know the root cause about why it is not possible?

Regards,

JLuis

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 10, 2021

Hi JLuis - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Fields have nothing to do with the announcement banner. Those are separate objects. One note is that through the new Issue Layout functionality, you actually can determine where the fields show on the screen. 

However, you still cannot control the size of the fields. I don't know the root cause, I just know that you can't do it. 

Like jcasarrubias likes this
jcasarrubias August 10, 2021

Hello @John Funk 

Thank you so much for your prompt feedback.

OK, I understand, I appreciate your explanation.

Regards,

JLuis

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders