Hi, is there a way to filter (JQL) where the start date is today?

Julia Shyshliuk May 10, 2023

Hi Team,

I am trying to create an automation which would send email notifications on a start date of a task, as a reminder. 

I know I have to use Schedule to run a JQL query. However, I am unable to use the start date in this query.. I can choose the 'Custom start date' field, but it's not the one that is used in the roadmaps and gantt charts.. 

Am I missing something or the only way is to copy the date to the 'custom' field and then base the automation on that one? 

Thanks

1 answer

2 votes
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2023

Hi @Julia Shyshliuk 

Welcome to the community.

You can schedule a rule to run everyday and JQL controls the current day. Ex;

• "Start date[Date]" >= startOfDay() and "Start date[Date]" <= endOfDay()

Which day field do you mean?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2023

@Julia Shyshliuk 

Adding on to @Tansu Akdeniz 's questions...

When you say you are unable to use the start date in the query, can you please show us the query you created, and tell us how you concluded that you can't use the start date in it?

Julia Shyshliuk May 11, 2023

Thanks for your quick answer.

I have tested the search "Start date[Date]" >= startOfDay() and "Start date[Date]" <= endOfDay() and Jira says that this field is not searchable.

Is that the settings of our company's Jira that don't allow this field to be searched or is that a general thing?

Screenshot 2023-05-11 at 09.21.31.pngScreenshot 2023-05-11 at 09.21.44.png

Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 11, 2023

Can you please go to Issues -> Customfields -> Search your Start Date field -> Click Edit button and check the search template? Change the template if it is available.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events