Hi , due to a security issue, is it possible to run Jira 8.13.8 with tomcat 8.5.86 ?

Roser Carbonell
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 13, 2023

At this moment we are running with Tomcat 8.5.79 with no problem

2 answers

0 votes
Craig Castle-Mead
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2023

hi @Roser Carbonell 

Given 8.13 is a long term support version of Jira, you should be able to update to 8.13.27 (latest release) and get all the big/security fixes without impacting functionality.

do you have any concerns about moving to 8.13.27?

CCM

0 votes
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2023

Hi @Roser Carbonell, welcome! I wouldn't recommend updating to a newer version of Tomcat without updating the Jira version.  

Here's another post that I agree with:

Solved: Upgrading Tomcat ONLY (atlassian.com)

Yes, it probably would work, but if Atlassian didn't test their code with it, and you run into issues, you could cause bigger problems.  I would see if you can update to a newer Jira Server version that would include that Tomcat version (or newer) to solve the issue you are having.

Suggest an answer