Hi All, I would like to become a scrum master.

sridevi April 25, 2020

Hi All, I would like to become a scrum master.

What are the online courses available for this.

Does Atlassian provide any free courses for scrum master certification.

Need info please

4 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2020

Atlassian don't have Scrum Master courses.

You will need to find a course that leads to a certification as well, not just any free training.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2020

Hello @sridevi ,

These tutorials come from Training for Jira, an app that's available in the Atlassian Marketplace. It provides all users of a Jira instance access to these tutorials and many more, right from within Jira. It's a great way to train teams at scale and to replace in-person, train-the-trainer sessions. Get started for free here if your team doesn't have the app yet.

https://training.atlassian.com/free-training-catalog

sridevi April 25, 2020

Dear Ollie,

Thanks for your swift response. Our team already has the app.

In such instance, what options do I have? Kindly elaborate.

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 25, 2020

As @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- said, Atlassian don't have Scrum Master courses.

The link I gave contain Jira's operation in Agile project management, Hope it helps.

Information about Scrum Master certification, you can refer to the scrumalliance.

https://www.scrumalliance.org/

Like sridevi likes this
sridevi April 25, 2020

Thanks much Ollie.

0 votes
Vijay Sv April 26, 2020

I would suggest going with SAFe Agilist Certification from any training institution. 

Of course, this certification is not free:) but worth it.

Thanks,
VJ

sridevi April 26, 2020

Thanks much Vijay

Like Vijay Sv likes this
Vijay Sv April 26, 2020

Sure, any help of SAFe cert. in Bangalore, you can reach out to me.

sridevi April 26, 2020

That's so kind of you Vijay.

Currently I have no clue about my roles. I have been given JIRA access.

So wanted to explore things. I have done courses JIRA basics and Agile basics in Atlassian free courses.

Sudarshan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2020

that is great.!
If you still have this dream of becoming a Scrum Master, take my answer :) 

answer why do you want to be a scrum master, and who is a Scrum Master.
(with loads of scrum blogs and tutorials running around on the internet, you may try to do a quick search.!

Atlassian is a software product company developing agile tools.!
With my understanding Scrum Master is a role to live for, It not a designation or a substitute role.!
(and because you have been Jira access, you would not need or become a scrum master)
Jira is an agile management product visualization tool.

0 votes
Bibek Behera
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 25, 2020

@sridevi ,

If you are looking for something that is from atlassian and can add to your agile skill sets , I could only find this .

Thanks,

Bibek

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events