Hi All, Can anyone guide me,How can can it be done,intro of new hierarchy between Epic and initiati

ANIL KUMAR December 10, 2022
Hi All,How can we do  intro of new hierarchy between Epic and Initiative.

1 answer

1 vote
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 10, 2022

Hi @ANIL KUMAR

welcome to the community!

The first question is: Are you on Jira Premium? If so, you can use initiates (and more hierarchy levels, if you want) in Advanced Roadmaps. To configure such additional levels, please refer to this article.

If you don't use and don't want to use Jira Premium, you can still model additional hierarchy levels using issue links. Note that Jira's native experiences don't necessary "recognise" issue links as parent/child relationships (because an issue link can really be any kind of relationship between 2 issues), so you may want to use one of the many hierarchy-focused apps from the Atlassian Marketplace to visualise your issue hierarchies.

ANIL KUMAR December 12, 2022

Thank you for answer.Actually I'm a premium member and I have plans.

My question is can we add a new hierarchy between epic and initiative 

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 13, 2022

Hi @ANIL KUMAR

yes, you can add layers between epics and initiatives using Advanced Roadmaps; as a matter of fact, you can have any layers that you want - the only restriction with Advanced Roadmaps is that they are *above* epics. A layer "between" epics and initiatives would be above epics, so you should be good.

Best,

- H

ANIL KUMAR December 13, 2022

Thank you Hannes,

Can you specify any add-on/Plugin to do such tasks 

Marketplace Partner
December 14, 2022

Hi, 

you don't need an app to do that, if you're already using Advanced Roadmaps. Just check out your hierarchy configuration as described here, create a new issue type, and add that issue type between the epic and initiative layer. 

Is any of these steps not working for you?

Best,

Hannes

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events