Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Hi All, Can anyone guide me,How can can it be done,intro of new hierarchy between Epic and initiati

Edited
Hi All,How can we do  intro of new hierarchy between Epic and Initiative.

1 answer

Hi @ANIL KUMAR

welcome to the community!

The first question is: Are you on Jira Premium? If so, you can use initiates (and more hierarchy levels, if you want) in Advanced Roadmaps. To configure such additional levels, please refer to this article.

If you don't use and don't want to use Jira Premium, you can still model additional hierarchy levels using issue links. Note that Jira's native experiences don't necessary "recognise" issue links as parent/child relationships (because an issue link can really be any kind of relationship between 2 issues), so you may want to use one of the many hierarchy-focused apps from the Atlassian Marketplace to visualise your issue hierarchies.

Thank you for answer.Actually I'm a premium member and I have plans.

My question is can we add a new hierarchy between epic and initiative 

Hi @ANIL KUMAR

yes, you can add layers between epics and initiatives using Advanced Roadmaps; as a matter of fact, you can have any layers that you want - the only restriction with Advanced Roadmaps is that they are *above* epics. A layer "between" epics and initiatives would be above epics, so you should be good.

Best,

- H

Thank you Hannes,

Can you specify any add-on/Plugin to do such tasks 

Hi, 

you don't need an app to do that, if you're already using Advanced Roadmaps. Just check out your hierarchy configuration as described here, create a new issue type, and add that issue type between the epic and initiative layer. 

Is any of these steps not working for you?

Best,

Hannes

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events