Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Help with setting up BigGantt

So we (a team of 6) have Jira Cloud free plan but need more granularity on Roadmaps and for now can't afford the Premium plan for Advanced Roadmaps.

I thought to try a Gantt app and have just installed the BigGantt. However I'm having no succes in getting this up and running with our already existing project data. We have only one project approx 100 issues..

Question: where and how do I map BigGantt agains this existing project? I can't find any easily interpretable documentation and our project has only default settings.

2021-05-04_13-16-42.jpg

3 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

@Dirk de Rooij

The first step is to create a Program Box in the Overview module. You can do that by clicking the "Add new" or "plus" icon. Please see my image as a reference. 
image - 2021-05-04T143820.556.png
Once it’s done, you will see a green popup with a link to the Scope definition. 
image - 2021-05-04T144133.848.png

When you click on “Configure scope now,” you will be transferred to Scope Definition. So two clicks, and you are in the place where you can define the scope of your Program. You mentioned that you would like to add the Jira Project. Please enter its name in the right field. See my image below. 

image - 2021-05-04T144351.326.png

Please let me know if there are other areas that you would like to discuss :)

Beautiful! This is exactly what I was after and as you said; two clicks and done!
Thanks again for your help and good luck with your products.

Like # people like this

Hi @Dirk de Rooij

It was my pleasure. I hope that my answer will be helpful also for other community members :)
If you have further questions regarding building a task structure or initial configuration, just let me know.

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Dirk de Rooij

I am glad that you decided to explore BigGantt. It's a very comprehensive tool that makes project management easier!
In the beginning, I encourage you to watch our tutorial: How to manage Scope.

In case of further questions, just let me know in this thread. I will gladly help you!

Hi @Anna-SoftwarePlant, great that you repond so quickly!
I have watched the tutorial video with interest earlier, but the issue is that I cannot find where I should first configure BigGantt to load or synch with my data. Also the tutorial has the presumption that there is already data showing.. See my screen shot with no data yet whatsoever. I can also not find where I can select to have BigGantt Boxes point to the appropriate Jira Project...

So if you can point me in the right direction, then I'll try to continue from there..

Thanks again!

0 votes

Hello! i was have the same problem, and now i have all the tasks, but i cant see the epics and the charge of my resources. Also, i want a few epics on BigGantt, can i filtret that? or delete on BigGantt but not on Jira Cloud?

Thanks for you time

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase

The benefits of using Jira in different departments

Jira is a great tool to use across different departments. Forget that paperwork – switch to Jira and get that tasks done smoothly. Marketing Jira allows for a complete digital transformation of you...

143 views 0 8
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you