Help with custom automation

Gui Ávila December 7, 2020

Hello,

Could someone please help me to set a custom automation? What I'm trying to accomplish is:

When an issue A changes to status X, add a comment on linked issue B (all liked issues). The comment should be added to issue B and need to mention the assignee of issue B.

The comment can be:

"{Assignee of B}, the issue {issue A} was done."

I created a new automation using one of the automation templates, that does almost what I need, except the mention part. https://share.getcloudapp.com/xQuYDrKj

The comment works, and the assignee name appears. But the mention does not work. 

Thanks,

Gui.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2020

Hi Gui,

Try using this for the mention:

[~accountid:{{issue.assignee.accountId}}]

Gui Ávila December 7, 2020

@John Funk Perfect! It worked!

Atlassian should make this easier, right? How would I know this exact expression?

Why not make an easier UI to choose the user... can't undertand some of their product decisions.

Thanks, John.

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2020

Can't speak for them - just sometimes I stumble on it from other posts. That's one of the things that makes Community so valuable to me.  :-)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events