Having some issues with ScriptRunner and Copying a Project

Calvin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2023

Hi everyone, we use script runner for copying projects as backups (in Datacentre). But we're running into two issues I was hoping the community might be able to give advice on:

1. When a project is copied using the built in script, it notifies EVERYONE on the watchers/assignee/etc. And it essentially tells them a new Jira item is created. Anyway to stop the notification from myself?
  2. For some reason doing a copy, doesn't seem to copy the status or the comments. I'm not too sure why. I have full access, but all statuses come through as "New" and comments are like 50-50 brought over. Because its created as new, comboed with the notification above it worries people.

Anyone know what may be going on? Cheers!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2023

Hi @Calvin

Could you please specify what version of Jira and ScriptRunner you are using?

I am asking for this information to confirm if this is from a previously fixed bug.

Also, could you please share a screenshot of the Copy Project configuration you are using?

Thank you and Kind regards,

Ram

Suggest an answer