Having issues with a user being unable to @ in comments

Kitty Crawford January 20, 2022

I have 1 user in my team that used to be able to @ people when she first joined, but suddenly lost the feature, and I can't figure out why. She has all the same permissions as everyone else in the team, I've tried making her a trusted user, I've even tried deleting her entirely and readding her and nothing is making a difference. When I switch to her account I also have the same issue, but on my own account it's fine.

Anyone have any suggestions as to why this might be happening?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Support Team [Clearvision]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2022

Hi Kitty,

Please have a look at this article: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/mentions-and-autocomplete-are-not-working-in-jira-cloud-779160727.html

Most likely is that the user doesn't have the Global Permission to 'Browse Users' and as such no users would be returned after typing '@'. I know you mentioned this did work originally, perhaps there was a change made here.

Hope that helps.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2022

Hi @Kitty Crawford  - Did you ever get this answered?

Kitty Crawford March 27, 2023

Yes it was a permissions issue! For some reason though the permissions changed without anyone touching them, because it worked previously and then just stopped working, but we figured it out. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events