Has drag and drop ordering in Advanced Roadmaps changed recently?

Darrel Jackson August 15, 2022

Hi all,

We are using Advanced Roadmaps in Jira Software Cloud Premium and have been for a while. One of our teams has raised an issue today that they believe is a recent change in behaviour of AR and I'm trying to track it down.

They have an AR plan with Sort By Team and no Group By set. They believe that a month ago they were able to drag and drop to adjust the Rank of items (within the same Team). Now they are only able to drag and drop to adjust Rank if Sort By Rank is selected.

The current behaviour reflects the documentation here: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/change-how-advanced-roadmaps-sorts-your-issues/

I've checked the cloud release notes and can't find anything.

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on the issue.

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2022

Hi @Darrel Jackson 

First thing, I do not have an answer for you...and...

A teammate asked me a similar question yesterday about Jira Product Discovery: it seems that drag-and-drop ranking and in-line issue create stopped working; what is happening?  The reality was that they added a sort-on other than on "rank" and so disabled those behaviors as Jira doesn't know where to place issues with other sorts.  (i.e. how could Jira enforce in-line create in a way to remain in a specific location in the list?)

As Jira boards/backlogs seem to have always worked that way, I would be surprised to learn if there was a recent change for this.  Hoping if someone else knows they share that info.

Kind regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events