Has anyone successfully used a property key/value pair on a transition?

Lauren Pennisi July 11, 2021

I want to use this property key/value pair an a Fix Resolution transition I added to the Complete status; this transition is used to change the Resolution statusimage.png.

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2021

Hi @Lauren Pennisi

please also kindly review the discussion back in May - to my understanding the outlined way there should help you reaching your goal.
The configuration suggested by Bill looks familiar - I can confirm it works in several cases (from own experience and through Community).

However, I am sure Community members are happy to help in case you could explain further which steps you are currently struggling with.

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2021

The "permission work denied" property you have there is in the wrong place, it is not a transition property, it goes on a step.

I'm not sure what you're trying to do with the other one either.

Also, please don't say "resolution status" - resolution and status are totally different and separate things, and it's totally unclear which one you really mean when you say "resolution status".

So, on to the main question - yes, I've used properties on transitions and steps to do things.  What exactly are you trying to do with this one?

Lauren Pennisi July 12, 2021

I am trying to prevent people from logging time on tickets After their Step/status is Completed and the Resolution is Done. Basically going back in time to "lock" tickets. I have a transition set up on the Complete step and I thought I could apply the property to it.

I think it's a nit about my terminology. What do call call the info that displays in the Resolution field if it's used? It looks like a status to me and I specified the field I was talking about.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2021

Ok, yes, you can block work logging on completed issues, and you've got the right property.  But it is a step (status) property and not a transition one.  Add it to the status that you want to stop people logging against, and it will do what you want.

I am sorry you see this as nit picking, but as with all terminology, there is a need to be clear.  Consider the questions:

• What is the resolution status?
  • What is the status resolution?

The only possible useful response to both of those questions is "which one are you asking about?  Resolution OR status?"

You ask: "What do call call the info that displays in the Resolution field if it's used?".  The "value in the resolution field".  Or "how it was resolved".  Or, like most, just "the resolution"

Lauren Pennisi July 12, 2021

That's what I need to know:  whether I can use that property on a transition or not. And, based on your response, the answer is no.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 12, 2021

No, that's the opposite of what I said.

What I said was that you can use a property on a transition.  More specifically, you can use a transition property on a transition.

You were trying to use a step/status property on a transition.  That will have no effect because a step/status property is not a transition property.

Lauren Pennisi July 13, 2021

I am totally confused. Here's what you said:  

"Ok, yes, you can block work logging on completed issues, and you've got the right property.  But it is a step (status) property and not a transition one.  Add it to the status that you want to stop people logging against, and it will do what you want." (emphasis is mine)

Isn't that what you said:  do not use that property on a transition? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 13, 2021

Yes, all the way through, I've been saying the same thing - The "permission work denied" property you have there is in the wrong place, it is not a transition property, it goes on a step.

Suggest an answer