Has anyone seen JSD portal pages/Jira Software filters not display "old" data from before upgrading

Steven Bello January 23, 2020

Hello everyone, 

We recently upgraded from Jira 7.6.x to 8.5.x and JSD up to 4.5.x and are finding that customer portal pages.

It looks like the "My requests" sections of the customer portal interface no longer show tickets folks were requestors or request participants on pre-upgrade. 

The tickets still exist and can be found through the backend but places where filters were in use before the upgrade (I'm assuming the Portal UI is just a UI over filters) seem to have "lost" the ability to display this information causing some concern. It does look like anything POST upgrade displays fine; where it shows up s expected on the portal UI pages for requestors.

Has anyone seen this or have any insight to where we can look to resolve this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Adrian Stephen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2020

Hi @Steven Bello , welcome to the Atlassian Community!

How are you doing today? 

From the description of the issue provided, I have a hunch that this might be related to broken indexes.

Are you able to access the tickets directly but not search them using the issue navigator for example? 

My suggestion is to try running a full re-index and check to see if it helps. If you need articles or documentation on how to run a re-index, please let me know. 

Looking forward to hearing from you with the results. 

Regards

Adrian Stephen 

Steven Bello January 27, 2020

Hey Adrian!

This was indeed the cause of the problems - We had not done a second index after installing JSD so the portals were reflecting that.

Thanks for the time to answer!

Suggest an answer