HECVAT

Rex Lorenzo February 24, 2021

In order for our university to renew our JIRA cloud license, we are being asked to submit a Higher Education Community Vendor Assessment Toolkit (HECVAT). See https://library.educause.edu/resources/2020/4/higher-education-community-vendor-assessment-toolkit#tools

Anyone completed this form that they can share? Or is this something that Atlassian can complete or help complete? 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 25, 2021

Hi Rex,

I understand that you are looking to complete the HECVAT certification in regards to Jira Cloud.  Unfortunately this is not something that Atlassian currently has documented, nor is this something that Atlassian can complete on your behalf. 

I did try to research this further, however this appears to be the first time this has been asked within Community.  I was also able to search through some other support requests that have asked about this topic, although none of these show a clear solution.

In Atlassian, we do have the public Trust Center that will provide you with the most recent information related to security, privacy, reliability, and compliance of our products.

You can also view the compliance certifications which we currently follow in:

Perhaps the information contained within these sections could be used to complete the form in question here, and that does appear to have been helpful in at least some of the other support cases that have asked about HECVAT. 

That said, if the above information is insufficient to complete this particular certification, then perhaps it would be more helpful to reach out to an Atlassian Partner for help with completing the HECVAT certification.

I hope this helps.

Andy

0 votes
Brianna [CalState S4] January 20, 2022

For anybody that comes to this later, this link was also helpful: https://www.atlassian.com/trust/security/vendor-security-risk-response

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events