Groups and how to find where they are used in Jira Software - Cloud

Stephanie Resendez May 15, 2023

I am working through auditing our Groups but, I am not sure how to determine if a group is used in any specific place. I'd like to see By Group, every place it has permissions in Jira.

In the cloud, is there a way for me to see if a group is used in any of these places?

• Shared Filters: Viewer access or Edit access
  • Shared Dashboards: Viewer access or Edit access
  • Gadget Configurations

Bonus if I can easily get the info for these as well so I don't have to open every project and every scheme to look for groups.

• Project Permissions
  • Permission Schemes
  • Global Permissions
  • Any other place I may have missed

1 answer

0 votes
Christian Beck May 17, 2023

I think the shared filters can be seen on the "Filters" page in the administration (/jira/secure/admin/filters/ViewSharedFilters.jspa).

Stephanie Resendez May 19, 2023

Thank you, but I'm looking for a way to find everywhere a group is used in Jira in one place. Essentially, aggregated data by Group. It would take quite a bit of time to scroll through hundreds of shared filters and various dashboards and projects to determine which group is used where. 

Rosa M Fossi July 21, 2023

Hi Stephanie,  have you found a way to retrieve this information?  We find ourselves in an audit, and need to provide EVERYWHERE that certain groups appear and I'm at a loss! 

Polly Off
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 7, 2024

I am also looking for this capability and would greatly welcome an answer if someone has found a way to do this.

Stephanie Resendez March 18, 2024

I unfortunately never found a way to do this easily. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events