Greenhopper Rapid Board JQL question

Dale Miller January 9, 2013

I am trying to use JQL queries to set the colours on the left side of cards in the new rapid boards in Greenhopper 6.1. I am using the following JQL query.

project = test-project and "Project Progress Requirement" is EMPTY

Project Progress Requirement is a multi-select field. The cards all show grey. Is it not possible to use multi-select fields in the JQL for the card colour? Should this work as I expect?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Danielle Zhu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2013

It sounds like you have set cards that match the above JQL query to a certain color, say Red. If all your cards has "Project Progress Requirement" set to a non-empty value, then none of them will display in the chosen color. Therefore you are seeing grey. Just my guess.

You may want to try to set the card colors using multiple queries like these:

• Red - "Project Pregress Requirement" is EMPTY
  • Orange - "Project Pregress Requirement" in ("Requirement 1")
  • Blue - "Project Pregress Requirement" in ("Requirement 2")
  • Green - "Project Pregress Requirement" in ("Requirement 3")

Is that what you are looking to achieve?

Dale Miller January 10, 2013

It turned out to be a jira query/index issue. The field is a new field and the empty query only seems to pick up jiras that have been updated since I added the field. I believe a re-index of Jira might correct the issue. We have a large instance with over 500,000 jiras in it so it might just take some time for the filter to work correctly. Good point though. That could have certainly caused an issue.

Suggest an answer