GreenHopper treating custom status as 'done'

Arthur February 27, 2012

GreenHopper by default treats two issue statuses as 'done': Resolved and Closed. By saying 'treats' them I mean that when I look at them in Planning Board, they have a strikethrough styling applied to them, and when I active the 'Hide Done Issues' filter, they are hidden.

We edited the 'Resolved' state and made it into 'In Test' recently. And GreenHopper stopped treating them as 'done'. I tried changing the naming back to Resolved, but to no avail - still doesn't treat them as 'done'. Is it possible that I keep the 'In Test' status, and yet GH treats it the way it originally treated 'Resolved' status?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nicholas Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2012

Hi Arthur,

The definition of done can be set via the Task Board Mapping. By default the Closed and Resolved statuses are treated as Done, although you can change this.

Thanks,
Nicholas Muldoon

Arthur February 28, 2012

Thanks, I see now where I can do the changes. The problem though is that we have created an additional fourth column for the Task Board view to see the issues in 'In Test' (previously 'Resolved') state before they are moved to the final 'Done' column. Therefore 'In Test' status is not in the 'Done' column. Is it still possible to treat it as 'done' in other boards, like the Planning Board? I don't suppose it is, but it's worth asking :)

0 votes
Nicholas Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2012

Hi Arthur,

You may wish to explore using the Rapid Board for this. The Rapid Board will allow you to configure a number of boards that have different column mappings, all for the same project - hence you could have one board for QA and one for Dev, for example.

More information can be found in the recent GreenHopper 5.9 release blog and the 'Using the Rapid Board' documentation.

Thanks Arthur,

Nick

Suggest an answer