Grant user access to project templates - Marketing

Marcel Schmaltz October 13, 2021

Hello,

I've tried to set up a new project via the project templates. 
For me as an administrator everything works fine. 
Now i want to give some users the permission to set up Marketing projects via the Marketing project templates, but I've found no way to grant a normal user access to this permission.

Is there a way that a user can create such a "next gen" project?

next-gen-project.PNG

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2021

Hi Marcel,

Only Jira Admins can create Jira Work Management projects. See this document for further guidance:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-work-management/docs/create-a-jira-work-management-project/

Litew8 GmbH April 21, 2023

Hi @Marcel Schmaltz

since the accepted answer only states that natively there is no way to grant project template specific create permission. I thought you might be interested to know that we built an addon that supports giving specific users permission to create projects only for specific native or custom project templates.  Project Templates for Jira

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2021

There is a Global Permission to grant access to create only Team Managed projects. Ensure that the users are in a group to whom that permission has been granted.

Suggest an answer